User:2-4/My sandbox/Relay language
|Liquid||l · ɾ|
There is also an archiphoneme |N| whose surface forms are described under Phonotactics and allophony.
- /ŋ ʔ ts ɾ/ are written g x c r.
- Other consonants are written as in IPA.
There are three tones: high, mid and low.
There are also two diphthongs /ai̯ ao̯/. As with the monophthongs, any diphthong can have any tone.
- Diphthongs are written without an inverted breve located under the offglide.
- Mid tone isn't marked with any diacritic.
- Vowels are otherwise written as in IPA, including tone marking as well.
Phonotactics and allophony
- The general syllable structure is (C)V(|N|).
- The archiphoneme |N| has six surface realisations:
- It is realised as [m], written m, before /p/.
- It is realised as [n], written n, before /t/ and word-finally.
- It is realised as [t], written t, before the liquids /l ɾ/.
- It coalesces with /s/ to [dz], written c.
- It coalesces with /k/ to [ɲ] before front vowels and to [ŋ] elsewhere, written g.
- It has zero surface form before the nasals /m n ŋ/ and the glottals /ʔ h/.
- Plosives, bar the glottal plosive, affricates, and fricatives voice intervocalically to [b d g dz z ɦ].
- The velars /ŋ k/ and the glottal /h/ palatalise before front vowels.
- The non-intervocalic palatalised allophones of /k h/ are [c ç].
- The intervocalic palatalised allophones of /k h/ are [ɟ ʝ].
- The palatalised allophone of /ŋ/ is always [ɲ], both non-intervocalically and intervocalically.
- The liquid /l/ is velarised to [ɫ] after /ò ō ó àò̯ āō̯ áó̯/.
- All vowels are nasalised before nasals.
- The vowels /ò ō ó àò̯ āō̯ áó̯/ are raised to [ù ū ú àù̯ āū̯ áú̯] next to labial consonants.