User:Rorschach/Other relay draftlang
| $NAME |
|Period||c. -6000 YP|
|Total speakers||Bang & Olufsen|
|Writing system||something in python|
|Classification||Team A Languages|
|Basic word order||rum & Coke|
|Fricative||s · z||ɕ · ʑ||h · ɦ|
|Affricate||ts · dz||tɕ · dʑ|
|Approximant||l||j · ɥ||ɰ · w|
- /ʔ/ is written ❬q❭.
- /ȵ ŋ/ are written ❬ne ng❭.
- /ɕ ʑ/ are written ❬se ze❭.
- /ts tɕ dz dʑ/ are written ❬c j ce je❭.
- /j ɥ ɰ/ are written ❬y ÿ ẅ❭.
- /ɦ/ is written ❬ḣ❭.
|high||i iː||u uː|
|low||a aː aɪ̯ aʊ̯|
Short vowels are represented as in the IPA; long vowels take an acute accent.
$LANG features ballistic phonation of its syllables. Orthographically this is represented as a grave accent (for short vowels) and as a circumflex (for long vowels). For the purposes of this article, in the IPA this is represented as two vertical lines below the vowel (using /a/ as an example, /a͈/).
Syllables in $LANG are C(w)V.
Two main phonological processes are of note in $LANG.
- Vowel lengthening occurs when a preceding vowel is lengthened.
- Lenition occurs when an obstruent is voiced (and, if the obstruent is a plosive, becomes a fricative or, in the case of /k/, /ɰ/).