Another MA dialect (the oldest one?)

A board for internal discussions of Team 2 in the 2011/2012 Reconstruction Game (i.e. Basilius, brandrinn, caedes, Darkgamma (aka Rostov-na-don), dunomapuka, Serafín, thedukeofnuke, WeepingElf)

Another MA dialect (the oldest one?)

Postby Basilius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 03:58

So this is how things happen...

I wanted to name my two daughterlangs, and I wasn't happy with whatever I could invent basing on T2 material. So I thought of an exonym borrowed from some Macro-Anatolionesian dialect.

Then I thought that it would be nice to have a MA dialect roughly contemporaneous with T2, and perhaps displaying some signs of belonging to the same Sprachbund.

Then I sketched some SC's, and didn't like them, mainly because they resulted in, like, half of words beginning in /βu/, /ʝi/ or /ɣə/.

Then I looked at the result once more and I thought that maybe it wasn't so bad.

So, the language is supposed to be spoken around -2000 YP in the vicinity of T2 homeland, and can be used as a source of very early loans into our daughterlangs.

Precipitating a bit: this MA dialect had a reflex of PMA *tatarimp 'travellers (collectively)' (regularly derived from *tarimp 'traveller'), which had become tatarím and was used to refer to T2 speakers (via an intermediary meaning like 'migrants, newcomers'). Some groups of T2 speakers borrowed this word as *tatarim(mu) and adopted it as their ethnic self-designation. In my first daughterlang, this word is reflected as Tetey, and in my "alternative" project, as Tetlo. So my two languages have names now.

Sound Changes

Completed by -3600 YP

Prothetic vowel develops in words beginning in clusters: [i] if the cluster ends in [j] or begins in a palatal or an alveolar other than [r]; [u] if the clusters ends in [w] or begins in a bilabial; and [ɨ] in all other cases.

Completed by -3500 YP

Prothetic glide develops before initial vowels: [j] before front ones, [w] before rounded ones, and [ɰ] before central ones.

Sequences [ŋkx] and [nts] simplify to [ŋx] and [ns] respectively.

Completed by -3400 YP

Glides [ɰ w j] become fricatives [ɣ β ʝ] word-initially and between vowels.

Vowels [o] and [ɨ] become [u] before a cluster ending in [w]; [e] and [ɨ] become [i] before a cluster ending in [j] and before coda palatals [c ɲ].

Completed by -3300 YP

Glides [w] and [j] are lost when final in clusters.

Coda clusters of two resonants (liquids or nasals) are eliminated by insertion of [ɨ].

Completed by -3200 YP

Clusters are eliminated that both begin and end in a resonant and include obstruents, by inserting [ɨ] before the last obstruent while treating /ts kx/ as single segments and not breaking the "harmonic" sequences /mp nt ɲc ŋk/ nor pairs of identical consonants, or before the last resonant if the former is impossible.

Completed by -3100 YP

Clusters that end in a resonant metathesize the resonant to initial position in the cluster; if the cluster ends in /pm tn cɲ kŋ/, these combinations are moved to the beginning of the cluster as /mp nt ɲc ŋk/; pairs of identical consonants, where produced by such metathesis, are simplified.

Clusters of a nasal plus /l/ or /r/ are metathesized.

Completed by -3000 YP

Fricatives [s] and [x] are voiced in intervocalic position and between a nasal and a vowel.

[cs] and [cc] become [ks] and [tc].

Completed by -2900 YP

Sequences of two different obstruents except /tc/, /ts/ and /kx/ are broken by insertion of [ɨ] when found before a C or word-finally.

Completed by -2800 YP

[o] changes to [u] before a coda bilabial, else to [ə].

Completed by -2700 YP

[z] is changed to [ʝ] after nasals.

Completed by -2600 YP

[ts] and [kx] simplify to [s] and [x]; [c] is changed to [s].

Completed by -2500 YP

Schwas are deleted in open non-initial syllables after a single consonant or a resonant followed by a voiceless obstruent; chains of open syllables with [ə] are treated in pairs counting from the beginning of the chain, with [ə] deleted in the second syllable of each pair.

Completed by -2400 YP

[β ʝ ɣ] become [m ɲ ŋ] after a nasal.

[e ɨ] become [i] before a coda palatal; [ɨ] is changed to [u] before a coda bilabial.

[β z ʝ ɣ] are changed to [m n ɲ ŋ] before a nasal.

Remaining sequences of obstruents in codas are simplified by deletion of the second obstruent.

Completed by -2300 YP

[e ɨ ə] merge in [ə].

Clusters of [β z ʝ ɣ] followed by a resonant are metathesized.

Voiced fricatives [β z ʝ ɣ] are deleted before another voced fricative.

Remaining coda fricatives (voiced and voiceless) merge in [h]; coda plosives [p t k] merge in [ʔ].

Completed by -2200 YP

Coda [ʔ] is deleted producing a rising tone (R) on the preceding syllable; coda [h] is deleted producing a falling tone (F) on the preceding syllable.

Completed by -2100 YP

Coda [r] is changed to [l]; [lr] is changed to [ll].

/ɲ/ merges with /ŋ/.

Completed by -2000 YP

All tonal contrasts neutralize before the last R in a word.

All tonal contrasts neutralize after the sole remaining R in a word.

If no R is present in a word, the syllable before the last syllable with F acquires R.

All other tonal contrasts are lost in words with R (it is followed by automatic F when not final, which is not marked in the transcription).

The Resulting System

Onset consonants
Code: Select all
p t   k
  s   x
β z ʝ ɣ
m n   ŋ
  l
  r

Voiced fricatives /β z ʝ ɣ/ are relatively rare (but not forbidden) word-internally after a coda consonant; besides, /z/ does not occur word-initially in native words.

Codas

Allowed codas include /m n ŋ l/.

Vowels
  a
  ə
i   u

Prosodics

The language can be viewed as having a word-level accent that requires a pair of syllables as its basis; the first syllable in such pair carries a rising contour, and the second, a falling one. The position of the accented pair of syllables within a polysyllabic word is contrastive; besides, there are words where only one syllable (the first or the second) of the accent contour fits in the frame set by the word boundaries, and words where the accent is completely absent.

In unemphatic intonation, if the rising part of the accent contour is preceded by any syllables belonging to the same word, these form a platform of mid tones, and if the falling part is followed by any syllables, they carry low tone. A word having no accent contour typically is pronounced as a platform of mid tones, with optional falling pitch on the last syllable.

The transcription marks the rising part of the accent contour (if present) with acute, and then leaves the falling part unmarked. In words where only the falling part is present (on the initial syllable), this is marked with a grave. Absence of accent is not marked in any way.

With this system, monosyllabic words distinguish three accent patterns (e. g. mi, , ), but disyllabic words, only four (e. g. mimi, mìmi, mími, mimí), trisyllabic ones, only five (mimimi, mìmimi, mímimi, mimími, mimimí), etc. (the formula being n+2).

Phonetics of Words Borrowed by T2

In words borrowed into T2, prosodic contrasts of the source language are ignored. Vowel /ə/ is uniformly borrowed as T2 /a/, and coda /ŋ/ and /l/ are borrowed as T2 /n/. Of onset consonants differing from typical T2 phones, relatively uniform reflexes are characteristic of /β/ and /ʝ/, which normally become /w/ and /ɣ/, respectively.

Onset /ŋ/, however, can be borrowed as either /n/ (the default reflex) or /ɣ/ (especially when there are other nasals in adjacent syllables, i. e. when the PoA of the source sound is more salient than its nasality). Similarly split reflexes are found for /l/ (becoming /n/ or /r/, with a similar principle of distribution), /z/ (mostly borrowed as /ð/, but after coda nasals as /s/), /x/ (borrowed as either /k/ or /ɣ/, depending on the presence of other fricatives and/or nasal codas). Some other accommodations may happen, for example, to comply with the more rigid restriction on voiced non-nasals after nasal codas in T2.
Basilius

Re: Another MA dialect (the oldest one?)

Postby Basilius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:00

As usual, the GSCA code for the SC's. As usual, it has a priority over textual description.

V = iɨueəoa
C = mnɲŋptcksxrlwjɰɣβʝz
R = mnɲŋrl
N = mnɲŋ
T = ptcksx
S = sxɣβʝz

# Transcription to IPA

* <+ñhy> <+ɲxj> _

#####
#Completed by -3600 YP

#Prothetic vowel develops in words beginning in clusters: [i] if the cluster ends in [j] or begins in a palatal or an alveolar other than [r]; [u] if the clusters ends in [w] or begins in a bilabial; and [ɨ] in all other cases.

* 0 i #_C+j
* 0 u #_C+w

* 0 i #_<+nɲtcsl>C
* 0 u #_<+mp>C
* 0 ɨ #_CC

#####
#Completed by -3500 YP

#Prothetic glide develops before initial vowels: [j] before front ones, [w] before rounded ones, and [ɰ] before central ones.

* 0 j #|V_<+ie>
* 0 w #|V_<+uo>
* 0 ɰ #|V_<+ɨəa>

#Sequences [ŋkx] and [nts] simplify to [ŋx] and [ns] respectively.

* ŋkx ŋx _
* nts ns _

#####
#Completed by -3400 YP

#Glides [ɰ w j] become fricatives [ɣ β ʝ] word-initially and between vowels.

* ɰ ɣ _
* w β V|#_
* j ʝ V|#_

#Vowels [o] and [ɨ] become [u] before a cluster ending in [w]; [e] and [ɨ] become [i] before a cluster ending in [j] and before coda palatals [c ɲ].

* <+oɨ> u _C+w
* <+eɨ> i _C+j
* <+eɨ> i _<+cɲ>C|<+cɲ>#

#####
#Completed by -3300 YP

#Glides [w] and [j] are lost when final in clusters.

* <+wj> 0 C_

#Coda clusters of two resonants (liquids or nasals) are eliminated by insertion of [ɨ].

* 0 ɨ R_R#
* 0 ɨ R_RC

#####
#Completed by -3200 YP

#Clusters are eliminated that both begin and end in a resonant and include obstruents, by inserting [ɨ] before the last obstruent while treating /ts kx/ as single segments and not breaking the "harmonic" sequences /mp nt ɲc ŋk/ nor pairs of identical consonants, or before the last resonant if the former is impossible.

* p pɨ mp?_<C-R>?R
* t tɨ nt?_<C-R>?R
* c cɨ ɲc?_<C-R>?R
* k kɨ ŋk?_<C-R>?R

* 0 ɨ RC*_tsR
* 0 ɨ RC*_kxR

* 0 ; <C-R>_<
* mp; mp _
* nt; nt _
* ɲc; ɲc _
* ŋk; ŋk _
* 0 ɨ RC*_C;
* ; 0 _

* 0 ɨ RC*_CR

#####
#Completed by -3100 YP

#Clusters that end in a resonant metathesize the resonant to initial position in the cluster; if the cluster ends in /pm tn cɲ kŋ/, these combinations are moved to the beginning of the cluster as /mp nt ɲc ŋk/; pairs of identical consonants, where produced by such metathesis, are simplified.

* <C-R>+<+p><+m> 321 _
* <C-R>+<+t><+n> 321 _
* <C-R>+<+c><+ɲ> 321 _
* <C-R>+<+k><+ŋ> 321 _

* <C-R>+R 21 _

* C 0 R_%

#Clusters of a nasal plus /l/ or /r/ are metathesized.

* N<+lr> 21 _

#####
#Completed by -3000 YP

#Fricatives [s] and [x] are voiced in intervocalic position and between a nasal and a vowel.

* <+xs> <+ɣz> N|V_V B

#[cs] and [cc] become [ks] and [tc].

* cs ks _
* cc tc _

#####
#Completed by -2900 YP

#Sequences of two different obstruents except /tc/, /ts/ and /kx/ are broken by insertion of [ɨ] when found before a C or word-finally.

* 0 ; <C-R>_<C-R>C|<C-R>#
* ; 0 k_x
* ; 0 t_<+sc>
* ; 0 C_<
* ; ɨ _

#####
#Completed by -2800 YP

#[o] changes to [u] before a coda bilabial, else to [ə].

* o<+mp> u2 _C|#
* o ə _

#####
#Completed by -2700 YP

#[z] is changed to [ʝ] after nasals.

* z ʝ N_

#####
#Completed by -2600 YP

#[ts] and [kx] simplify to [s] and [x]; [c] is changed to [s].

* ts s _
* c s _
* kx x _

#####
#Completed by -2500 YP

#Schwas are deleted in open non-initial syllables after a single consonant or a resonant followed by a voiceless obstruent; chains of open syllables with [ə] are treated in pairs counting from the beginning of the chain, with [ə] deleted in the second syllable of each pair.

* ə 0 RT_CV|#
* ə 0 VC_CV|#

#####
#Completed by -2400 YP

#[β ʝ ɣ] become [m ɲ ŋ] after a nasal.

* <+βʝɣ> <+mɲŋ> N_

#[e ɨ] become [i] before a coda palatal; [ɨ] is changed to [u] before a coda bilabial.

* <+eɨ> i _<+cɲʝ>C|<+cɲʝ>#
* ɨ u _<+pmβ>C|<+pmβ>#

#[β z ʝ ɣ] are changed to [m n ɲ ŋ] before a nasal.

* <+βzʝɣ> <+mnɲŋ> _N

#Remaining sequences of obstruents in codas are simplified by deletion of the second obstruent.

* <C-R> 0 <C-R>_C B

#####
#Completed by -2300 YP

#[e ɨ ə] merge in [ə].

* <+eɨ> ə _

#Clusters of [β z ʝ ɣ] followed by a resonant are metathesized.

* <+βzʝɣ>R 21 _

#Voiced fricatives [β z ʝ ɣ] are deleted before another voced fricative.

* <+βzʝɣ> 0 _<+βzʝɣ>

#Remaining coda fricatives (voiced and voiceless) merge in [h]; coda plosives [p t k] merge in [ʔ].

* <+ptk> ʔ _<^V>|#
* S h _<^V>|#

#####
#Completed by -2200 YP

#Coda [ʔ] is deleted producing a rising tone (R) on the preceding syllable; coda [h] is deleted producing a falling tone (F) on the preceding syllable.

* ʔ ˊ _ ! "ˊ" = rising tone (R) on preceding syllable
* h ˋ _ ! "ˋ" = falling tone (F) on preceding syllable

#####
#Completed by -2100 YP

#Coda [r] is changed to [l]; [lr] is changed to [ll].

* r l _<^V>|#
* lr ll _

#/ɲ/ merges with /ŋ/.

* ɲ ŋ _

#####
#Completed by -2000 YP

#All tonal contrasts neutralize before the last R in a word.

* <+ˊˋ> 0 _.*ˊ<-ˊ>*# B

#All tonal contrasts neutralize after the sole remaining R in a word.

* ˋ ; ˊ.+_ B
* ˋ 0  <V+R>_.+; B
* ; 0 _

#If no R is present in a word, the syllable before the last syllable with F acquires R.

* 0 ˊ _CVC?ˋ<-ˊˋ>*#
* <+ˊˋ> 0 _ˊ
* ˊ 0 #_

# All other tonal contrasts are lost in words with R (it is followed by automatic F when not final, which is not marked in the transcription).

* <+ˊˋ> 0 _.*ˊ<-ˊ>*# B
* ˋ 0  ˊCVR?_

###########
#SPELLING

* R<+ˊˋ> 21 _
* iˊ í _
* iˋ ì _
* ˊ  ́ _
* ˋ  ̀ _
Basilius

Postby Basilius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:04

The PMA lexicon processed by the above code.

Note that the forms below are not finalized as actual words in the lexicon of the daughterlang; they are just illustrations of how the SC's work and what the results may look like.

-3800 YP   : -2800 YP     : -2000 YP  : PoS  : Gloss                     : Source
           :              :           :      :                           :
ats        : ɣats         : ɣà        : n.   : strength; force           :
cɨ         : cɨ           : sə        : n.   : earth; land               :
cku        : ʝicku        : ʝìku      : #    : 100                       :
cmits      : ʝimcits      : ʝímsi     : adj. : honest                    :
cnəkh      : ʝincəkx      : ʝínsə     : adj. : short                     :
cnu        : ʝincu        : ʝinsu     : #    : 10                        :
csi        : ʝiksi        : ʝísi      : n.   : leg                       :
cwo        : βucə         : βù        : n.   : fish (as animal)          :
cwocwo     : βucucə       : βúsu      : n.   : shoal (of fishes)         : redup. of cwo 
ŋor        : ŋər          : ŋəl       : n.   : urine                     :
ŋwa        : βuŋa         : βuŋa      : adj. : gentle; mild              :
harh       : xarx         : xàl       : n.   : cyclone; tempest          :
hask       : xasɨk        : xasə́      : v.i. : to run; to hurry          :
hci        : ɣɨxci        : ɣə̀si      : #    : 8                         :
hcu        : ɣɨxcu        : ɣə̀su      : adj. : thick                     :
hi         : xi           : xi        : adj. : red                       :
hka        : ɣɨxka        : ɣə̀ka      : n.   : hill; high ground         :
hkahka     : ɣɨxkaxka     : ɣə́kaka    : n.   : highlands                 : redup. of hka
hknask     : ɣɨnxkasɨk    : ɣənkasə́   : n.   : east                      :
hma        : ɣɨmɣa        : ɣumŋa     : n.   : sand                      :
hmahma     : ɣɨmɣamɣa     : ɣumŋamŋa  : n.   : dune                      : redup. of hma
hno        : ɣɨnɣə        : ɣənŋə     : n.   : dog                       :
hnohno     : ɣɨnɣənɣə     : ɣənŋənŋə  : n.   : pack (of hunting animals) : redup. of hno
hnwə       : βunɣə        : βunŋə     : n.   : woman; wife               :
hoh        : xəx          : xə̀        : v.t. : to cover; to wrap         :
hpor       : ɣɨxpər       : ɣə̀pəl     : n.   : fat                       :
hru        : ɣɨrxu        : ɣəlxu     : n.   : spring (season)           :
hrup       : ɣɨrxup       : ɣəlxú     : n.   : wolf                      :
hwa        : βuɣa         : βuɣa      : n.   : skin                      :
hwarh      : βuɣarx       : βúɣal     : adj. : tender; soft              :
hwo        : βuɣə         : βù        : adj. : many                      :
ik         : ʝik          : ʝí        : pp.  : to (lative)               :
isk        : ʝisɨk        : ʝisə́      : #    : 1                         :
kaŋ        : kaŋ          : kaŋ       : n.   : ring                      :
kak        : kak          : ká        : n.   : fire                      :
kakak      : kakak        : kaká      : n.   : firestorm; inferno        : redup. of kak
kakant     : kakant       : kakán     : n.   : gale; windstorm           : redup. of kant
kañ        : kaɲ          : kaŋ       : n.   : metal                     :
kañshra    : kaɲzɨrxa     : kaŋŋəlxa  : n.   : iron                      : kañ “metal” + shra “heaven”
kant       : kant         : kán       : n.   : wind                      :
kcɨ        : ɣɨkcɨ        : ɣə́sə      : n.   : mouth                     :
ke         : ke           : kə        : n.   : hair                      :
keke       : keke         : kəkə      : n.   : head of hair              : redup. of ke
kŋor       : ɣɨŋkər       : ɣəŋkəl    : v.i. : to urinate                : ŋor “urine” + verbaliser
khant      : ɣɨkxant      : ɣəxán     : n.   : nose                      :
khəkhər    : ɣɨkxəkxər    : ɣə̀xəl     : n.   : clan; tribe               : redup. of khər
khər       : ɣɨkxər       : ɣəxəl     : n.   : brother                   :
khimp      : ɣɨkximp      : ɣəxím     : n.   : snake                     :
khmo       : ɣɨmkxə       : ɣùm       : n.   : liver                     :
khnokhnom  : ɣɨnkxənkxum  : ɣənxənxum : n.   : bunch (of fruit)          : redup. of khnom 
khnom      : ɣɨnkxum      : ɣənxum    : n.   : fruit                     :
khwa       : βukxa        : βuxa      : n.   : river                     :
kɨŋ        : kɨŋ          : kəŋ       : n.   : gold                      :
kih        : kix          : kì        : n.   : tree                      :
kikih      : kikix        : kíki      : n.   : copse; spinney            : redup. of kih 
kɨnteŋk    : kɨnteŋk      : kəntə́ŋ    : n.   : fragment; shard           : kteŋk “to break” + resultative 
klwac      : βulkac       : βúlka     : v.t. : to lick                   : lwac “tongue” + verbaliser
kmak       : ɣɨmkak       : ɣumká     : n.   : cliff                     :
kmo        : ɣɨmkə        : ɣúm       : adj. : heavy                     :
kniŋ       : ɣɨnkiŋ       : ɣənkiŋ    : n.   : silver                    :
knwa       : βunka        : βunka     : v.t. : to cover                  :
kŋo        : ɣɨŋkə        : ɣə́ŋ       : #    : 5                         :
kor        : kər          : kəl       : n.   : large river; estuary      :
kos        : kəs          : kə̀        : adj. : indeed; certain           :
kpmi       : ɣɨmpki       : ɣúmki     : n.   : neck                      :
kra        : ɣɨrka        : ɣəlka     : pp.  : from; away from (ablative):
kret       : ɣɨrket       : ɣəlkə́     : v.i. : to fish                   :
ksaksas    : ɣɨksaksas    : ɣəsása    : n.   : meadow                    : redup. of ksas
ksas       : ɣɨksas       : ɣə́sa      : n.   : grass                     :
kta        : ɣɨkta        : ɣə́ta      : n.   : north                     :
ktam       : ɣɨktam       : ɣə́tam     : n.   : head                      :
kteŋk      : ɣɨkteŋk      : ɣətə́ŋ     : v.i. : to break                  :
ktnɨ       : ɣɨntkɨ       : ɣə́nkə     : n.   : land                      :
ku         : ku           : ku        : adj. : white                     :
kwə        : βukə         : βú        : n.   : child                     :
kyath      : ʝikatɨx      : ʝikátə    : n.   : fort; encampment          :
kyuh       : ʝikux        : ʝíku      : #    : 9                         :
mak        : mak          : má        : n.   : loss; defeat              :
mal        : mal          : mal       : v.i. : to dance                  :
mic        : mic          : mì        : n.   : path                      :
miŋk       : miŋk         : míŋ       : n.   : grandchild                :
mlañ       : βulmaɲ       : βulmaŋ    : n.   : south                     :
mok        : mək          : mə́        : n.   : wood                      :
moln       : məlɨn        : mələn     : n.   : breast                    :
moñc       : məɲc         : mə̀ŋ       : adj. : plain; nondescript        :
mont       : mənt         : mə́n       : conj.: so; therefore             :
mtaŋk      : βumtaŋk      : βumtáŋ    : conj.: but; however              :
mumusk     : mumusɨk      : mumusə́    : n.   : swark (of insects)        : redup. of musk 
musk       : musɨk        : musə́      : n.   : insect; bug               :
mwat       : βumat        : βumá      : n.   : cloak                     :
mwə        : βumə         : βum       : n.   : cloud                     :
mwek       : βumek        : βumə́      : adj. : useless; insignificant    :
mwi        : βumi         : βumi      : n.   : forest                    :
myə        : ʝimə         : ʝim       : n.   : eye                       :
myəmyəñ    : ʝiməməɲ      : ʝimməŋ    : n.   : flock (of grazing animals): redup. of myəñ 
myəñ       : ʝiməɲ        : ʝiməŋ     : n.   : sheep                     :
naŋk       : naŋk         : náŋ       : adj. : long                      :
nah        : nax          : nà        : adj. : negation                  :
nañ        : naɲ          : naŋ       : #    : 7                         :
ñarols     : ɲarəls       : ŋárəl     : n.   : hunter                    : ñols “to hunt” + agentive
nats       : nats         : nà        : n.   : summer                    :
ne         : ne           : nə        : adj. : sure; certain             :
nəm        : nəm          : nəm       : v.t.i: to eat                    :
ni         : ni           : ni        : #    : 2                         :
nisk       : nisɨk        : nisə́      : n.   : west                      :
nit        : nit          : ní        : pp.  : at (locative)             :
no         : nə           : nə        : pp.  : of                        :
no         : nə           : nə        : pp.  : of (genitive)             :
ñok        : ɲək          : ŋə́        : n.   : peninsula; cape           :
ñols       : ɲəls         : ŋə̀l       : v.t.i: to hunt                   :
not        : nət          : nə́        : pp.  : for (dative)              :
nra        : ʝirna        : ʝilna     : conj.: if                        :
nwa        : βuna         : βuna      : n.   : rope                      :
nwanwa     : βunana       : βunana    : n.   : tangle                    : redup. of nwa
nyə        : ʝinə         : ʝin       : n.   : root                      :
o          : βə           : βə        : adj. : (honorific)               :
oh         : βəx          : βə̀        : n.   : tail                      :
on         : βən          : βən       : pp.  : (accusative)              :
paryun     : parun        : parun     : n.   : sailor; traveller by sea  : pyun “boat” + agentive
pha        : βupxa        : βúxa      : n.   : leaf                      :
phah       : βupxax       : βúxa      : n.   : tooth                     :
phapha     : βupxapxa     : βuxáxa    : n.   : branch                    : redup. of pha
phaphah    : βupxapxax    : βuxáxa    : n.   : jaw                       : redup. of phah
phne       : βunpxe       : βúnxə     : n.   : bone                      :
phnephne   : βunpxenpxe   : βunxə́nxə  : n.   : skeleton                  : redup. of phne
phrar      : βurpxar      : βúlxal    : n.   : guts                      :
phro       : βurpxə       : βúlxə     : adj. : wide                      :
pka        : βupka        : βúka      : adj. : other                     :
pkret      : βurpket      : βulkə́     : n.   : fishing; fishery          :
pneh       : βunpex       : βúnpə     : adj. : possible                  :
psna       : βunpsa       : βúnsa     : n.   : knee                      :
psyɨ       : ʝipsɨ        : ʝísə      : n.   : star                      :
psyɨpsyɨ   : ʝipsipsɨ     : ʝisísə    : n.   : constellation             : redup. of psyɨ
pto        : βuptə        : βútə      : n.   : human                     :
ptopto     : βuptuptə     : βutútə    : n.   : group of people           : redup. of pto
ptosk      : βuptəsɨk     : βutəsə́    : comp.: equal                     :
puhah      : puɣax        : púɣa      : v.t.i: to bite                   : phah “tooth” + verbaliser
puhk       : puxɨk        : puxə́      : n.   : storm; rough seas         :
puk        : puk          : pú        : n.   : clothes                   :
pupuk      : pupuk        : pupú      : n.   : outfit                    : redup. of puk
pyam       : ʝipam        : ʝipam     : n.   : illness; sickness         : yam “to fall ill” + nominaliser
pyun       : ʝipun        : ʝipun     : n.   : boat                      :
pyupyun    : ʝipupun      : ʝipupun   : n.   : flotilla; sailing expedition: redup. of pyun
rokh       : rəkx         : rə̀        : #    : 6                         :
ru         : ru           : ru        : pp.  : using (instrumental)      :
ryə        : ʝirə         : ʝil       : #    : 0 (zero)                  :
ryi        : ʝiri         : ʝiri      : n.   : cove; creek               :
sak        : sak          : sá        : n.   : slope; hill               :
sam        : sam          : sam       : n.   : shark                     :
san        : san          : san       : #    : 3                         :
scor       : ʝiscər       : ʝìsəl     : adj. : thin                      :
se         : se           : sə        : n.   : back; ridge               :
sen        : sen          : sən       : #    : 1000                      :
sŋiŋur     : ʝiŋziŋur     : ʝiŋŋiŋul  : n.   : needle                    : sŋur “to sew” + tool nominaliser
sŋur       : ʝiŋzur       : ʝiŋŋul    : v.t.i: to sew                    :
shra       : ʝirsxa       : ʝìlxa     : n.   : sky; heavens              :
sih        : six          : sì        : n.   : display; boast            :
sim        : sim          : sim       : n.   : island                    :
sisim      : sizim        : sizim     : n.   : archipelago; island group   : redup. of sim
sit        : sit          : sí        : pp.  : as (essive)               :
siwent     : siβent       : siβə́n     : n.   : hut; cottage              : swent “house” + diminutive
skma       : ʝimska       : ʝìmka     : adj. : narrow                    :
skurh      : ʝiskurx      : ʝíkul     : adj. : some                      :
skyɨ       : ʝiskɨ        : ʝìkə      : n.   : meat                      :
snəm       : ʝinzəm       : ʝinŋəm    : v.t. : to feed                   : nəm “to eat” + causative
spɨnme     : ʝispɨnme     : ʝìpənmə   : n.   : someone deprived          : spme “to need” + resultative
spme       : ʝimpse       : ʝímsə     : v.t. : to need; to require       :
sta        : ʝista        : ʝìta      : n.   : tongue                    :
stna       : ʝintsa       : ʝinsa     : n.   : stick                     :
stnastna   : ʝintsantsa   : ʝinsansa  : n.   : bundle (of sticks etc.)     : redup. of stna
sump       : sump         : súm       : adj. : all                       :
swent      : βuzent       : βuzə́n     : n.   : house                     :
sweswent   : βuzezent     : βuzəzə́n   : n.   : village                   : redup. of swent
swɨ        : βuzɨ         : βuzə      : n.   : water                     :
syaks      : ʝizakɨs      : ʝizákə    : v.t. : to burn                   : yaks “to burn (int.)” + causative
tahp       : taxɨp        : taxú      : adj. : noble; precious           :
tak        : tak          : tá        : n.   : mountain; peak            :
takkak     : takkak       : taká      : n.   : volcano                   : tak “mountain” + kak “fire”
tarimp     : tarimp       : tarím     : n.   : traveller                 : timp “journey” + agentive
tatak      : tatak        : tatá      : n.   : mountain range            : redup. of tak
te         : te           : tə        : n.   : hand                      :
tham       : ʝitxam       : ʝíxam     : n.   : mother                    :
thmu       : ʝimtxu       : ʝímxu     : n.   : autumn                    :
ti         : ti           : ti        : n.   : blood                     :
timp       : timp         : tím       : n.   : journey; travel           :
tirs       : tirs         : tìl       : v.i. : to fall                   :
tknap      : ʝintkap      : ʝinká     : adj. : mutual; shared            :
tko        : ʝitkə        : ʝíkə      : n.   : octopus                   :
tmats      : ʝimtats      : ʝímta     : n.   : otter                     :
tni        : ʝinti        : ʝinti     : adj. : now                       :
tnor       : ʝintər       : ʝintəl    : n.   : copper                    :
to         : tə           : tə        : conj.: and; with                 :
to         : tə           : tə        : pp.  : with; and (comitative)    :
tosk       : təsɨk        : təsə́      : pp.  : through (perlative)       :
tpra       : ʝirtpa       : ʝílpa     : n.   : sun                       :
tryəs      : ʝirtəs       : ʝíltə     : adj. : small                     :
tsmaŋk     : ʝimtsaŋk     : ʝimsáŋ    : n.   : egg                       :
tsmatsmaŋk : ʝimtsamtsaŋk : ʝimsamsáŋ : n.   : batch (of eggs); cluster  : redup. of tsmaŋk
tsno       : ʝintsə       : ʝìn       : n.   : horn                      :
tsok       : ʝitsək       : ʝisə́      : n.   : moon                      :
tum        : tum          : tum       : n.   : wife                      :
twi        : βuti         : βuti      : n.   : bird                      :
twitwi     : βutiti       : βutiti    : n.   : flock (of birds)          : redup. of twi
twuk       : βutuk        : βutú      : n.   : winter                    :
tyɨ        : ʝitɨ         : ʝitə      : n.   : father                    :
wa         : βa           : βa        : pp.  : about; concerning (topic) :
wan        : βan          : βan       : n.   : gulf; sound; strait       :
want       : βant         : βán       : adj. : few                       :
wath       : βatɨx        : βátə      : n.   : beach; coast              :
wawath     : βaβatɨx      : βaβátə    : n.   : shoreline; littoral       : redup. of wath
we         : βe           : βə        : pp.  : above                     :
wi         : βi           : βi        : n.   : belly                     :
woh        : βəx          : βə̀        : adj. : big                       :
wot        : βət          : βə́        : n.   : man; husband              :
yaŋk       : ʝaŋk         : ʝáŋ       : n.   : goat                      :
yaks       : ʝakɨs        : ʝákə      : v.i. : to burn                   :
yam        : ʝam          : ʝam       : v.i. : to fall ill; to be ill    :
yə         : ʝə           : ʝə        : n.   : bay; inlet                :
yon        : ʝən          : ʝən       : #    : 4                         :
yoks       : ʝəkɨs        : ʝə́kə      : v.i. : to bathe                  :
yomp       : ʝump         : ʝúm       : v.i. : to call (to)              :
Basilius

Postby Basilius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:06

Same as above, sorted by the reflexes.

-3800 YP   : -2800 YP     : -2000 YP   : PoS   : Gloss
           :              :            :       :
wa         : βa           : βa         : pp.   : about; concerning (topic)
wawath     : βaβatɨx      : βaβátə     : n.    : shoreline; littoral
wan        : βan          : βan        : n.    : gulf; sound; strait
want       : βant         : βán        : adj.  : few
wath       : βatɨx        : βátə       : n.    : beach; coast
we         : βe           : βə         : pp.   : above
o          : βə           : βə         : adj.  : (honorific)
wot        : βət          : βə́         : n.    : man; husband
woh        : βəx          : βə̀         : adj.  : big
oh         : βəx          : βə̀         : n.    : tail
on         : βən          : βən        : pp.   : (accusative)
wi         : βi           : βi         : n.    : belly
kwə        : βukə         : βú         : n.    : child
hwo        : βuɣə         : βù         : adj.  : many
cwo        : βucə         : βù         : n.    : fish (as animal)
hwa        : βuɣa         : βuɣa       : n.    : skin
hwarh      : βuɣarx       : βúɣal      : adj.  : tender; soft
pka        : βupka        : βúka       : adj.  : other
klwac      : βulkac       : βúlka      : v.t.  : to lick
pkret      : βurpket      : βulkə́      : n.    : fishing; fishery
mlañ       : βulmaɲ       : βulmaŋ     : n.    : south
phrar      : βurpxar      : βúlxal     : n.    : guts
phro       : βurpxə       : βúlxə      : adj.  : wide
mwə        : βumə         : βum        : n.    : cloud
mwat       : βumat        : βumá       : n.    : cloak
mwek       : βumek        : βumə́       : adj.  : useless; insignificant
mwi        : βumi         : βumi       : n.    : forest
mtaŋk      : βumtaŋk      : βumtáŋ     : conj. : but; however
nwa        : βuna         : βuna       : n.    : rope
nwanwa     : βunana       : βunana     : n.    : tangle
knwa       : βunka        : βunka      : v.t.  : to cover
hnwə       : βunɣə        : βunŋə      : n.    : woman; wife
pneh       : βunpex       : βúnpə      : adj.  : possible
psna       : βunpsa       : βúnsa      : n.    : knee
phne       : βunpxe       : βúnxə      : n.    : bone
phnephne   : βunpxenpxe   : βunxə́nxə   : n.    : skeleton
ŋwa        : βuŋa         : βuŋa       : adj.  : gentle; mild
cwocwo     : βucucə       : βúsu       : n.    : shoal (of fishes)
pto        : βuptə        : βútə       : n.    : human
ptosk      : βuptəsɨk     : βutəsə́     : comp. : equal
twi        : βuti         : βuti       : n.    : bird
twitwi     : βutiti       : βutiti     : n.    : flock (of birds)
twuk       : βutuk        : βutú       : n.    : winter
ptopto     : βuptuptə     : βutútə     : n.    : group of people
khwa       : βukxa        : βuxa       : n.    : river
phah       : βupxax       : βúxa       : n.    : tooth
pha        : βupxa        : βúxa       : n.    : leaf
phaphah    : βupxapxax    : βuxáxa     : n.    : jaw
phapha     : βupxapxa     : βuxáxa     : n.    : branch
swɨ        : βuzɨ         : βuzə       : n.    : water
swent      : βuzent       : βuzə́n      : n.    : house
sweswent   : βuzezent     : βuzəzə́n    : n.    : village
ats        : ɣats         : ɣà         : n.    : strength; force
hka        : ɣɨxka        : ɣə̀ka       : n.    : hill; high ground
hkahka     : ɣɨxkaxka     : ɣə́kaka     : n.    : highlands
kra        : ɣɨrka        : ɣəlka      : pp.   : from; away from (ablative)
kret       : ɣɨrket       : ɣəlkə́      : v.i.  : to fish
hru        : ɣɨrxu        : ɣəlxu      : n.    : spring (season)
hrup       : ɣɨrxup       : ɣəlxú      : n.    : wolf
hknask     : ɣɨnxkasɨk    : ɣənkasə́    : n.    : east
ktnɨ       : ɣɨntkɨ       : ɣə́nkə      : n.    : land
kniŋ       : ɣɨnkiŋ       : ɣənkiŋ     : n.    : silver
hno        : ɣɨnɣə        : ɣənŋə      : n.    : dog
hnohno     : ɣɨnɣənɣə     : ɣənŋənŋə   : n.    : pack (of hunting animals)
khnokhnom  : ɣɨnkxənkxum  : ɣənxənxum  : n.    : bunch (of fruit)
khnom      : ɣɨnkxum      : ɣənxum     : n.    : fruit
kŋo        : ɣɨŋkə        : ɣə́ŋ        : #     : 5
kŋor       : ɣɨŋkər       : ɣəŋkəl     : v.i.  : to urinate
hpor       : ɣɨxpər       : ɣə̀pəl      : n.    : fat
ksas       : ɣɨksas       : ɣə́sa       : n.    : grass
ksaksas    : ɣɨksaksas    : ɣəsása     : n.    : meadow
kcɨ        : ɣɨkcɨ        : ɣə́sə       : n.    : mouth
hci        : ɣɨxci        : ɣə̀si       : #     : 8
hcu        : ɣɨxcu        : ɣə̀su       : adj.  : thick
kta        : ɣɨkta        : ɣə́ta       : n.    : north
ktam       : ɣɨktam       : ɣə́tam      : n.    : head
kteŋk      : ɣɨkteŋk      : ɣətə́ŋ      : v.i.  : to break
khant      : ɣɨkxant      : ɣəxán      : n.    : nose
khər       : ɣɨkxər       : ɣəxəl      : n.    : brother
khəkhər    : ɣɨkxəkxər    : ɣə̀xəl      : n.    : clan; tribe
khimp      : ɣɨkximp      : ɣəxím      : n.    : snake
kmo        : ɣɨmkə        : ɣúm        : adj.  : heavy
khmo       : ɣɨmkxə       : ɣùm        : n.    : liver
kmak       : ɣɨmkak       : ɣumká      : n.    : cliff
kpmi       : ɣɨmpki       : ɣúmki      : n.    : neck
hma        : ɣɨmɣa        : ɣumŋa      : n.    : sand
hmahma     : ɣɨmɣamɣa     : ɣumŋamŋa   : n.    : dune
yaks       : ʝakɨs        : ʝákə       : v.i.  : to burn
yam        : ʝam          : ʝam        : v.i.  : to fall ill; to be ill
yaŋk       : ʝaŋk         : ʝáŋ        : n.    : goat
yə         : ʝə           : ʝə         : n.    : bay; inlet
yoks       : ʝəkɨs        : ʝə́kə       : v.i.  : to bathe
yon        : ʝən          : ʝən        : #     : 4
ik         : ʝik          : ʝí         : pp.   : to (lative)
kyath      : ʝikatɨx      : ʝikátə     : n.    : fort; encampment
tko        : ʝitkə        : ʝíkə       : n.    : octopus
skyɨ       : ʝiskɨ        : ʝìkə       : n.    : meat
kyuh       : ʝikux        : ʝíku       : #     : 9
cku        : ʝicku        : ʝìku       : #     : 100
skurh      : ʝiskurx      : ʝíkul      : adj.  : some
ryə        : ʝirə         : ʝil        : #     : 0 (zero)
nra        : ʝirna        : ʝilna      : conj. : if
tpra       : ʝirtpa       : ʝílpa      : n.    : sun
tryəs      : ʝirtəs       : ʝíltə      : adj.  : small
shra       : ʝirsxa       : ʝìlxa      : n.    : sky; heavens
myə        : ʝimə         : ʝim        : n.    : eye
myəñ       : ʝiməɲ        : ʝiməŋ      : n.    : sheep
skma       : ʝimska       : ʝìmka      : adj.  : narrow
myəmyəñ    : ʝiməməɲ      : ʝimməŋ     : n.    : flock (of grazing animals)
tsmatsmaŋk : ʝimtsamtsaŋk : ʝimsamsáŋ  : n.    : batch (of eggs); cluster
tsmaŋk     : ʝimtsaŋk     : ʝimsáŋ     : n.    : egg
spme       : ʝimpse       : ʝímsə      : v.t.  : to need; to require
cmits      : ʝimcits      : ʝímsi      : adj.  : honest
tmats      : ʝimtats      : ʝímta      : n.    : otter
thmu       : ʝimtxu       : ʝímxu      : n.    : autumn
nyə        : ʝinə         : ʝin        : n.    : root
tsno       : ʝintsə       : ʝìn        : n.    : horn
tknap      : ʝintkap      : ʝinká      : adj.  : mutual; shared
snəm       : ʝinzəm       : ʝinŋəm     : v.t.  : to feed
stna       : ʝintsa       : ʝinsa      : n.    : stick
stnastna   : ʝintsantsa   : ʝinsansa   : n.    : bundle (of sticks etc.)
cnəkh      : ʝincəkx      : ʝínsə      : adj.  : short
cnu        : ʝincu        : ʝinsu      : #     : 10
tnor       : ʝintər       : ʝintəl     : n.    : copper
tni        : ʝinti        : ʝinti      : adj.  : now
sŋiŋur     : ʝiŋziŋur     : ʝiŋŋiŋul   : n.    : needle
sŋur       : ʝiŋzur       : ʝiŋŋul     : v.t.i.: to sew
pyam       : ʝipam        : ʝipam      : n.    : illness; sickness
spɨnme     : ʝispɨnme     : ʝìpənmə    : n.    : someone deprived
pyun       : ʝipun        : ʝipun      : n.    : boat
pyupyun    : ʝipupun      : ʝipupun    : n.    : flotilla; sailing expedition
ryi        : ʝiri         : ʝiri       : n.    : cove; creek
psyɨ       : ʝipsɨ        : ʝísə       : n.    : star
tsok       : ʝitsək       : ʝisə́       : n.    : moon
isk        : ʝisɨk        : ʝisə́       : #     : 1
scor       : ʝiscər       : ʝìsəl      : adj.  : thin
csi        : ʝiksi        : ʝísi       : n.    : leg
psyɨpsyɨ   : ʝipsipsɨ     : ʝisísə     : n.    : constellation
sta        : ʝista        : ʝìta       : n.    : tongue
tyɨ        : ʝitɨ         : ʝitə       : n.    : father
tham       : ʝitxam       : ʝíxam      : n.    : mother
syaks      : ʝizakɨs      : ʝizákə     : v.t.  : to burn
yomp       : ʝump         : ʝúm        : v.i.  : to call (to)
kak        : kak          : ká         : n.    : fire
kakak      : kakak        : kaká       : n.    : firestorm; inferno
kakant     : kakant       : kakán      : n.    : gale; windstorm
kant       : kant         : kán        : n.    : wind
kañ        : kaɲ          : kaŋ        : n.    : metal
kaŋ        : kaŋ          : kaŋ        : n.    : ring
kañshra    : kaɲzɨrxa     : kaŋŋəlxa   : n.    : iron
ke         : ke           : kə         : n.    : hair
kos        : kəs          : kə̀         : adj.  : indeed; certain
keke       : keke         : kəkə       : n.    : head of hair
kor        : kər          : kəl        : n.    : large river; estuary
kɨnteŋk    : kɨnteŋk      : kəntə́ŋ     : n.    : fragment; shard
kɨŋ        : kɨŋ          : kəŋ        : n.    : gold
kih        : kix          : kì         : n.    : tree
kikih      : kikix        : kíki       : n.    : copse; spinney
ku         : ku           : ku         : adj.  : white
mak        : mak          : má         : n.    : loss; defeat
mal        : mal          : mal        : v.i.  : to dance
mok        : mək          : mə́         : n.    : wood
moln       : məlɨn        : mələn      : n.    : breast
mont       : mənt         : mə́n        : conj. : so; therefore
moñc       : məɲc         : mə̀ŋ        : adj.  : plain; nondescript
mic        : mic          : mì         : n.    : path
miŋk       : miŋk         : míŋ        : n.    : grandchild
mumusk     : mumusɨk      : mumusə́     : n.    : swark (of insects)
musk       : musɨk        : musə́       : n.    : insect; bug
nats       : nats         : nà         : n.    : summer
nah        : nax          : nà         : adj.  : negation
nañ        : naɲ          : naŋ        : #     : 7
naŋk       : naŋk         : náŋ        : adj.  : long
no         : nə           : nə         : pp.   : of (genitive)
no         : nə           : nə         : pp.   : of
ne         : ne           : nə         : adj.  : sure; certain
not        : nət          : nə́         : pp.   : for (dative)
nəm        : nəm          : nəm        : v.t.i.: to eat
ni         : ni           : ni         : #     : 2
nit        : nit          : ní         : pp.   : at (locative)
nisk       : nisɨk        : nisə́       : n.    : west
ñarols     : ɲarəls       : ŋárəl      : n.    : hunter
ñok        : ɲək          : ŋə́         : n.    : peninsula; cape
ŋor        : ŋər          : ŋəl        : n.    : urine
ñols       : ɲəls         : ŋə̀l        : v.t.i.: to hunt
paryun     : parun        : parun      : n.    : sailor; traveller by sea
puk        : puk          : pú         : n.    : clothes
puhah      : puɣax        : púɣa       : v.t.i.: to bite
pupuk      : pupuk        : pupú       : n.    : outfit
puhk       : puxɨk        : puxə́       : n.    : storm; rough seas
rokh       : rəkx         : rə̀         : #     : 6
ru         : ru           : ru         : pp.   : using (instrumental)
sak        : sak          : sá         : n.    : slope; hill
sam        : sam          : sam        : n.    : shark
san        : san          : san        : #     : 3
se         : se           : sə         : n.    : back; ridge
cɨ         : cɨ           : sə         : n.    : earth; land
sen        : sen          : sən        : #     : 1000
sit        : sit          : sí         : pp.   : as (essive)
sih        : six          : sì         : n.    : display; boast
siwent     : siβent       : siβə́n      : n.    : hut; cottage
sim        : sim          : sim        : n.    : island
sisim      : sizim        : sizim      : n.    : archipelago; island group
sump       : sump         : súm        : adj.  : all
tak        : tak          : tá         : n.    : mountain; peak
takkak     : takkak       : taká       : n.    : volcano
tarimp     : tarimp       : tarím      : n.    : traveller
tatak      : tatak        : tatá       : n.    : mountain range
tahp       : taxɨp        : taxú       : adj.  : noble; precious
to         : tə           : tə         : pp.   : with; and (comitative)
to         : tə           : tə         : conj. : and; with
te         : te           : tə         : n.    : hand
tosk       : təsɨk        : təsə́       : pp.   : through (perlative)
ti         : ti           : ti         : n.    : blood
tirs       : tirs         : tìl        : v.i.  : to fall
timp       : timp         : tím        : n.    : journey; travel
tum        : tum          : tum        : n.    : wife
harh       : xarx         : xàl        : n.    : cyclone; tempest
hask       : xasɨk        : xasə́       : v.i.  : to run; to hurry
hoh        : xəx          : xə̀         : v.t.  : to cover; to wrap
hi         : xi           : xi         : adj.  : red 
Basilius

Postby Basilius » Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:32

Morphological effects: how some declensions might look had all forms been phonetically regular.

:      : *cwo    : *ŋor    : *harh    : *hrup     : *kaŋ
      :      :         :         :          :           :
(stem): nom. : βù      : ŋəl     : xàl      : ɣəlxú     : kaŋ
*ik   : lat. : βuʝí    : ŋərí    : xalxí    : ɣəlxupí   : kaŋí
*kra  : abl. : βusəlka : ŋərəlka : xalxəlka : ɣəlxúlka  : kaŋkəra
*nit  : loc. : βuní    : ŋəlní   : xarənŋí  : ɣəlxunpí  : kaŋní
*no   : gen. : βùnə    : ŋəlnə   : xarənŋə  : ɣəlxún    : kaŋnə
*not  : dat. : βunə́    : ŋəlnə́   : xarənŋə́  : ɣəlxunpə́  : kaŋnə́
*on   : acc. : βùβən   : ŋərən   : xalxən   : ɣəlxupən  : kaŋən
*ru   : ins. : βùru    : ŋəllu   : xarəlxu  : ɣəlxulpu  : kalŋu
*sit  : ess. : βuzí    : ŋəlsí   : xalsí    : ɣəlxusí   : kaŋŋí
*to   : com. : βùtə    : ŋə́l     : xàltə    : ɣəlxútə   : káŋ
*tosk : per. : βutəsə́  : ŋəlsə́   : xaltəsə́  : ɣəlxutəsə́ : kaŋsə́
*wa   : top. : βùβa    : ŋura    : xalxa    : ɣəlxupa   : kaŋa
*we   : sup. : βùβə    : ŋurə    : xalxə    : ɣəlxupə   : kaŋə

:      : *kak   : *kant    : *khimp     : *khmo    : *kih
      :      :        :          :            :          :
(stem): nom. : ká     : kán      : ɣəxím      : ɣùm      : kì
*ik   : lat. : kakí   : kantí    : ɣəximpí    : ɣumʝí    : kiɣí
*kra  : abl. : kalka  : kantəlka : ɣəximpəlka : ɣumxəlka : kìlka
*nit  : loc. : kankí  : kantəní  : ɣəximpəní  : ɣumní    : kinŋí
*no   : gen. : kán    : kantən   : ɣəximpən   : ɣùmnə    : kinŋə
*not  : dat. : kankə́  : kantənə́  : ɣəximpənə́  : ɣumnə́    : kinŋə́
*on   : acc. : kakən  : kantən   : ɣəximpən   : ɣùmβən   : kiɣən
*ru   : ins. : kalku  : kantəru  : ɣəximpəru  : ɣùmru    : kilxu
*sit  : ess. : kasí   : kanŋí    : ɣəximsí    : ɣumzí    : kisí
*to   : com. : kátə   : kán      : ɣəxímtə    : ɣùmtə    : kìtə
*tosk : per. : katəsə́ : kansə́    : ɣəximtəsə́  : ɣumtəsə́  : kitəsə́
*wa   : top. : kaka   : kanta    : ɣəximpa    : ɣùmβa    : kiɣa
*we   : sup. : kakə   : kantə    : ɣəximpə    : ɣùmβə    : kiɣə

:     : *kɨnteŋk   : *ksas    : *ktam     : *kwə    : *kyath
      :     :            :          :           :         :
(stem): nom.: kəntə́ŋ     : ɣə́sa     : ɣə́tam     : βú      : ʝikátə
*ik   : lat.: kəntəŋkí   : ɣəsazí   : ɣətamí    : βuʝí    : ʝikaxí
*kra  : abl.: kəntəŋkəra : ɣə́salka  : ɣə́taməlka : βukəlka : ʝikáltəka
*nit  : loc.: kəntəŋkəní : ɣəsanŋí  : ɣətamní   : βuní    : ʝikanxí
*no   : gen.: kəntəŋkən  : ɣə́sanŋə  : ɣə́tamnə   : βúnə    : ʝikánxə
*not  : dat.: kəntəŋkənə́ : ɣəsanŋə́  : ɣətamnə́   : βunə́    : ʝikanxə́
*on   : acc.: kəntəŋkən  : ɣə́sazən  : ɣə́tamən   : βúβən   : ʝikáxən
*ru   : ins.: kəntəŋkəru : ɣə́salsu  : ɣə́talmu   : βúru    : ʝikálxu
*sit  : ess.: kəntəŋsí   : ɣəsasí   : ɣətamŋí   : βuzí    : ʝikatəsí
*to   : com.: kəntə́ŋtə   : ɣə́satə   : ɣətám     : βútə    : ʝikátətə
*tosk : per.: kəntəŋtəsə́ : ɣəsatəsə́ : ɣətamsə́   : βutəsə́  : ʝikatətəsə́
*wa   : top.: kəntəŋka   : ɣə́saza   : ɣə́tama    : βúβa    : ʝikáxa
*we   : sup.: kəntəŋkə   : ɣə́sazə   : ɣə́tamə    : βúβə    : ʝikáxə

:      : *mic   : *moln     : *musk    : *mwə    : *ñarols
      :      :        :           :          :         :
(stem): nom. : mì     : mələn     : musə́     : βum     : ŋárəl
*ik   : lat. : misí   : məlní     : mukí     : βumŋí   : ŋarəlsí
*kra  : abl. : mìlka  : mələnəlka : mulsə́ka  : βuməlka : ŋarəlsəlka
*nit  : loc. : minsí  : mələnní   : munkí    : βumní   : ŋallənŋí
*no   : gen. : mìn    : mələnnə   : mùnkə    : βumnə   : ŋallənŋə
*not  : dat. : minsə́  : mələnnə́   : munkə́    : βumnə́   : ŋallənŋə́
*on   : acc. : misən  : məlnən    : mùkən    : βummən  : ŋarəlsən
*ru   : ins. : milsu  : mələlnu   : mùlku    : βumru   : ŋalləlsu
*sit  : ess. : misí   : mələnŋí   : musəsí   : βumzí   : ŋalləsí
*to   : com. : mìtə   : mələ́n     : musə́tə   : βumtə   : ŋárəltə
*tosk : per. : mitəsə́ : mələnsə́   : musətəsə́ : βumtəsə́ : ŋarəltəsə́
*wa   : top. : misa   : mulna     : mùka     : βumma   : ŋarulsa
*we   : sup. : misə   : mulnə     : mùkə     : βummə   : ŋarulsə

:       : *paryun   : *puhk    : *yə         
       :       :           :          :             
(stem) : nom.  : parun     : puxə́     : ʝə         
*ik    : lat.  : paruní    : pukí     : ʝəʝí     
*kra   : abl.  : parunəlka : pulxə́ka  : ʝəlka     
*nit   : loc.  : parunní   : punkí    : ʝəní     
*no    : gen.  : parunnə   : pùnkə    : ʝən       
*not   : dat.  : parunnə́   : punkə́    : ʝənə́   
*on    : acc.  : parunən   : pùkən    : ʝəβən   
*ru    : ins.  : parulnu   : pùlku    : ʝəru       
*sit   : ess.  : parunŋí   : puxəsí   : ʝəzí     
*to    : com.  : parún     : puxə́tə   : ʝə́       
*tosk  : per.  : parunsə́   : puxətəsə́ : ʝəsə́   
*wa    : top.  : paruna    : pùka     : ʝəβa     
*we    : sup.  : parunə    : pùkə     : ʝəβə

For sure, all these infixes and tonal and segmental alternations had to be subject to analogy, especially the effects of the earliest SC's. Still they look kinda tasty, and a few words (pronouns etc.) might retain phonetically regular reflexes in all forms.

BTW, the forms of genitive in particular may have survived as lexicalized parts of compounds that in turn might be borrowed into T2. I am already toying with placenames etc. based on such formations.
Basilius

Return to Secret Board - Team 2